Monday, March 10, 2008

The dead phone

My phone went dead a few days back and as a result I lost all the contact numbers in it. I then wrote a mail to all my friends informing about the incident and asking their numbers. Some of the responses I got were interesting, and so I thought to write a post on it.
The following is what I wrote, followed by some of the responses I got.

"dear friends,
due to the sad demise of my phone yesterday i have lost all my contact details. it would be great if u can mail me your phone numbers. sorry for the trouble.
also i may not be available on phone for few days (till i fix this one or buy a new set). till then please feel free to contact me over email."

and the responses were.......

>ooops dude what happened to your phone....
9818588696 my working cell phone number
26411199
41622329 my resi numbers>

>I can just picture the jaspal bhatti episode, in which his phone is declared 'dead' ..safed chaddar... mourners.. gali ke sab log aate hein afsos dene... hehe..
My number in UK is - 0044-7747031399
And my number in India is / was - 0091-9818333036
chal ja naya phone khareed ab.. yeh sab natak issi liye tha na.. kyunki tujhe naya phone chahiye tha... i tell you kids these days..

>9966162734

>9885078508
......... not a single word of sympathy.SOB! SOB!

>bahut dukh huaa jaan kar bhai....chal koi nahin himmat rakh upar wala sab sahi karega....waise mera number store kar lena...its 9899099849.

>Dear Harsh,
Jaihind!
Sorry to hear about the sad 'demise' of your cell phone. Yes, it is a disastewr these days. Hope you would be able to fix it.
Here are my contact numbers:
Mobile: 093123 23702


>ha......ha.........ha......... :)
condolences..... :(
may ur mobile rest in peace..........
according 2 me ....everything in our life has got an ultimatum.......ie; there is a limit for using things ....whether eating or using......i think ur mobile might have reached that ultimatum...by usage. U might have used to its max capacity..and so it decided to rest in peace........
well......my no is : 9966655730
.....first you laugh, and then you give condolence and then lecture

>hey i read that as "Warm regrets" haha...my phone number is 9871311353

>my due condolence 4 ur mobile..........
my d way mt no. is 09425562690....
pls do in4m as soon as dis problm gets sorted......
....it took me 4 days to figure out that in4m is short for inform

>do u really want our no.s?
........ this was one of the best. notice i still dont have her number. also notice the word 'our'. how many are you?? biharis are never alone.

>I am sure you must have done something to it... any way heres mine
9833975345"

>Nalayak, Phone kahan de diya tha?? Abhi jaldi se theek karwa kar phone karna iss no par... 09971176672
......
kaha diya tha ka kya matlab hai. hadh hai matlab batameezi ki.

>What happened to ur phone? abhi to ek saal bhi nahi hua tha..
nd wat did d nokia care guys say abt it?
.....where is the number???

>
Hi,
where have u lost ur phone??My no. is 9740444775..
........I DID NOT LOSE IT.

>Hows it going? well.. the number is... +91 9980331167 you can save it now! and lemme know yours if you are getting a new one..
by the way.. if i may ask.. how did the sad demise happen ? tervi kab hai? :P

>Oye kya ho gaya aapke phone ko…..jab bhi main decide karti hu aaapko call karne ko tabhi aapka cell maar jata hai……. J very bad aur batao kya haal chaal hai…sab kuc mast???
........
arre as if my phone dies every month. people she never calls me, just gives plain excuses. and notice even here she did not give her number.

5 comments:

Dev said...

This is a nice post!

Tincy said...

That was a personal mail that i sent u i didnt like that u posted it in your blog without my approval......:( anyways mast tha post i laughed at my stupidity as well

Gopal Koduri said...

not exactly a comment on this post.. but there is something which says 'vasudev kutumbkam' on the side pane. I think its 'vasudaika kutumbam' which means 'world's a large family'..

Harsh Satya said...

well u got the meaning correct. i think the difference here is about hindi and telugu. the word vasudha in hindi means earth. and kutumb means extended family. so the meaning is 'the whole world is like a big family.
im glad someone noticed that.

Anonymous said...

lol... :) pet phat gaya hans hans ke...