Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Love is in the air

Love is in the air, is what one would believe by seeing the Indian movies. All movies are centered around people falling in love. I'm not complaining, but I'm sad at the fact that the word 'love' has been truncated into a very specific relation between a girl and a boy. Why can't movie makers see other forms of love, I always wondered? Then came Iqbal, a movie based on love of a boy towards a game. It was a refreshing change for Indian audience I feel. It was like a breath of fresh air. We now had a movie, which had a completely new relation of love. More refreshing was the fact that it also showed love between a male and a female in a new form, that of between a brother and sister. And it was very well shown too. Seeing Iqbal and his sister, I felt if this movie is about Iqbal's love for cricket or is it about brother sister relation.

Coming off the movies into the real life, people on the campus also seem to be falling in love. There is of course the 'usual' love of opposite sexes, but I can see other forms of it as well. One cricket team left their match unfinished to make way for the football team to use the ground. I too am in Love. I'm falling in love with the buses of Hyderabad. These buses have lady conductors, who manage the bus very well. There is also an unsaid, unwritten understanding between passengers, that the one who has a seat to himself will hold the bags of those who are standing. I was told by one such passenger to give my bag to someone who has a seat. I smiled and declined the offer, saying my bag was heavy, and it may not be too fair for someone to hold such a heavy bag.

So how is one form of love different from other?? Is it fair, to use the term 'love' for all such forms, or should love be restricted only to one form of relation? How do I know when I'm in love? These questions have troubled me for long time now and I still don't have a definitive answer. For me, I fall in love almost each day. And I've been doing that for some years now. And I feel happy after each time I'm in love. Recently I told a friend I fell in Love with a muslim guy in the train with whom I had a discussion on Islam. His first reaction was, are you gay?? That was probably the worst possible reply I sought, though expected.

4 comments:

Tincy said...

Love wat i know of is a very intense feeling more than u cud imagine...wat u feel is something that can be termed as "Goodness"..
u met a guy and u liked him bcoz he was GUD to u....but u didnt like the other muslim guy...jus bcoz he didnt talk to u muc and in a sense u can generalize him as he was not Gud to u...similarily the Hyderabad buses...u like da way they understand each other and where GUD to u....its not LOVE..its GOODNESS....

Tincy said...

To actually experience and know wat real LOVE is u need to ask your mom for that bcoz in this world there is no other pure form of LOVE present other than the Love between a mom and a child...(this is wat i think)...

Unknown said...

"Love" a word with lot of gravity..i think its all about one's perception..u r d master of ur own mind..its a multidimensional thing.. but i think dese r only reservations n limitations of our mind dat v r restricting love as such...so its preposterous to ask 'r u a gay?'.. in agreement ...keep high spirits dude...

Raj Kanani said...

Harsh... I just read all of your blog postings in just one sitting! I loved the entries. I miss you, friend! Let me know what you are up to.
Sameer is in India... his mobile is 9981573272. Give him a call. He's in MP.