Thursday, October 4, 2007

Contradictions

I was just thinking and realized about some of a contradictions in our lives. In my view these are some of the many contradictions we live with and we are not even aware of them.

1. I’m not a good son, a good brother, a good boss, a good neighbor but I am a good citizen of this country.

2. I lie daily, I say double meaning words, I am a hypocrite but I am an honest person.

3. I fight with my parents, my girlfriend, my boss, my neighbors but I m a peace loving citizen of a peace loving nation.

4. I want people to be envious of my job, my car, my house, my clothes but jealousy is not part of my personality.

5. Un-iodized salt is risky for health, open drinking water is too dangerous, food served at roadside stalls is unhygienic, but its perfectly fine to sell cigarettes, tobacco, liquor, soft drinks having pesticides in it.

6. I hate America for what it’s done to Iraq, Afghanistan, Yugoslavia, Latin America but I am dying to get a green card.

7. I want someone else to clean my house, wash my utensils, laundry my clothes but the city I live in should get rid of its poor....it creates a bad impression.

8. I throw toffee wrappers on street, I don’t take hand bags along when I go hopping but India is a filthy country, dirt all around, people don’t have civic sense.

9. I want to get educated in order to become independent in life, but I am best in copying west for whatever it does.

10. I am really good in making people buy stuff they don’t need (LUX soap, Pepsi drink etc). I make them feel all this would change their life (they'd be as beautiful as Madhuri Dixit or as happy as Shahrukh), .....I make a fool of them to empty their pocket (That is what I am paid for), but when I go to market I am a part of them.

11. Number of hospitals in India have gone up, the standard of hospitals have gone up, the health index of the country has improved but we now have diseases like diabetes, hypertension, cancer which were not heard of one generation back. Children have started wearing specs, they've gone obese, and youths have gray hair, asthma problems.

12. My city has no clean air, clean water, people here live in constant fear, there are bomb blasts every year, but its a better place than a nearby village.

13. I like to use cars n bikes, I use air conditioner extensively, I use poly bags, microwave but I am concerned about the environment, I am all in support of the environmentalists in this world.

14. I use leather wallet, leather belt, leather shoes, I love to eat non-vegetarian food, but I am all for animal protection.

15. Sardar Bhagat Singh, Chandrashekhar Azad, Subhash Bose were all great freedom fighters, but those fighting in Kashmir are terrorists, those in Indian jungles are naxals and those in north-east are insurgents.

16. I respect my mother tongue, everyone should, but my kid would go to an English medium school.

17. There are enough nuclear weapons to destroy the earth 35 times, but the earth can be destroyed at the most once and not more.

18. We are a powerful nation now after having the nuclear bomb, but we are more afraid than we were ever before.

19. I don’t care if politicians are corrupt, I don’t care if people are exploited, I don’t care if there is a blast in Mumbai but when it comes to India vs Pakistan I am a true patriot.

20. India is going to be a global power, economic growth would soon touch 8%, sensex has crossed 11000 marks, there are more millionaires in India than ever before but farmers still die of hunger in India.

Something to think about.....

4 comments:

Tincy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

i agree with most of your points (will talk on remaining sometime), but i think rather then just putting these point it would be nice if we try to find out the reason for all these contradiction .... so i expect your next post will be on the reason for at least few of them :)

shivangi said...

ur blog started a series of introspection in me.

Harsh Satya said...

im happy for hear that :)